Thursday 10 May 2012

Interview with 'Party' Marty Scurll!

Here is our interview with 'Party' Marty Scurll! Follow him here
The man!
Q: Some people may know you from ITV’S ‘Take Me Out’; did you do this for some mainstream exposure or just for a date?

A:
Take Me Out was a lot of fun and a great experience. My main motive of going on there was to gain mainstream exposure for myself, and put me in the spotlight to people who might care. I think I achieved that for sure.

Q: How long have you been involved in professional wrestling and how did you first get started in the business?

A:
I started training in very late 2003. I was 14. I then had my first match in February 2005 when I was 16. So I've been wrestling over 7 years now, that's gone quick!

Q: Where and with whom did you train?

A:
I trained at the Dropkixx Wrestling Academy, then ran by Tony Scarlo and Frank Rimar. They were the trainers. There were a lot of great wrestlers there, like Martin Stone and Terry Fraizer, then later Magnus and Wade Barratt. That school produced a lot of good guys.

Q: What do you remember about your first day of training – was it what you expected, how did you feel physically, what were the trainers like etc? 

A:
If I remember correctly, I actually think Doug Williams was the special guest trainer on my first week, so that was pretty cool as I had followed him on FWA tapes and a few live shows. I thought training was the greatest thing ever, and I couldn't bare to miss a week. I just wanted to become a wrestler so badly.

Q: When you were starting out, what were your ambitions in wrestling?

A: To get to the WWE. It still is.

Q: When did you have your first match, and how did it go?

A:
I wrestled one of my best friends, Jimmy Starr, in a rounds match. It went pretty well I think. Jimmy doesn't really wrestle any more but we still see each other when I visit back home, he's a great guy and is currently running a wrestling school in Kings Lynn.

Q: What do family and friends think of your career choice? 

A:
My mum supports it, I guess. My friends think it’s really cool. They can't fathom that I get to travel to all these cool countries to do what I love, and all the other perks I get from being a wrestler. I'd say they were very supportive.

Q: Do you have another job outside of wrestling or is this what you consider your ‘main’ job?

A:
In the week I study Media, but I’ve currently finished my second year of that so I've just gone back into club night promotion. Wrestling is my main job though.

Q: What are your feelings on the state of the wrestling business in the United Kingdom?

A:
It's on its way up. With shows like IPW:UK Revolution and Brit-Wres Fest, British Wrestling is being taken more seriously as its seen in bigger venues, with better production values, and exceptional talent. This is the next step, out of the community halls and into the big-time venues. There's a great hand of talent here at the moment too.

Q: You became the British Cruiserweight champion by defeating Sami Callihan at IPW’s show at the Troxy, how do you feel this match went?

A:
I loved it. I think Sami is one of the best in the world right now outside WWE, so wrestling him is always an honour. We both worked exceptionally hard, and it was one of my favourite matches this year, along with myself vs Zack (Progress) and LDRS vs Marvin/Sitoci from Germany.

Q: You are challenging for Progress Wrestling’s “Staff” at Chapter 2 on June 24th in a 2 out of 3 falls match against Nathan Cruz, are you looking forward to this?

A: Oh yeah. Progress Wrestling chapter 1 was a great show, defiantly unique. I hope they can continue to put on exciting bills with top notch talent. Nathan's a great talent, and I'm looking forward to getting in the ring with him again. I'll make sure he won't screw me out of victory this time! 

Q: When you are not training, travelling or wrestling, what do you do to relax?

A: I'm fortunate enough to have a hot tub, so I'm usually in there, reading a book. Or playing my house mates dog, Rocky!

Q: Finally, where do you see yourself in 2 years time?

A: Hopefully living the America under a nice contract, doing what I love to do. That would be sweet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment